Friday 11 January 2008

hAPPY NeW YEAR

I was just reading through some of my old posts... man, i really don't know who that guy is.
what a rut i must have been in.
2007 was a muthafuckin roller coaster, my bitches, a real earth-shaker.
i emerge in 2008 feeling wonderful.

i'm in a group art show entitled "Found in Brooklyn"
The reception will be Feb 2nd, 7-9pm
at Freddy's Bar and Backroom
785 Dean St. at 6th Ave

I am contributing three new oil paintings. They are a little series of building portraits, complete with a few suprises you might expect from me thrown in for good measure.

I am currently updating my website, and i should have the paintings up there to preview soon.
Also, stay tuned for new drawings - i have a ton of new stuff and i haven't updated the website in over a year, so lots to look at... soon.

I'm going on tour with my band, Ghastly City Sleep, in March. the tour will cover the east coast and include Chicago, Louisville, and Detroit. This will be the longest i've ever been on tour, and i'm really looking forward to it. Subsequently, i will have to forfeit my job in order to go.
I've never felt better...

Speaking of, i realize that all the bullshit i was sifting through at the end of last year was because of this stupid job. I feel completely uplifted at the prospect of the coming tour and the going job in the bowels of the high seat of NYC fashion. Good riddance!

This year, my resolution (yes, i have one...) is to get an ass-load of work done and have a portfolio i'm truly proud of by the time i apply for grad school for '09. New work, my best stuff, real stuff!!!

more soon.

No comments: