Thursday 14 July 2011

Detroit Rock City


7.12.11


We leave Sandusky without a hitch and head out to Detroit MI. We'd been hyping Detroit up to Evan the whole trip, and there's a good reason for it. The Summer Pledge calls Motor City home, and we call them friends benz.
They live in a beautiful old house in a neighborhood of ol' auto mansions, they cook us delicious home-made pizza, they're sweet as fuck, even sweeter!!! and they rock so smart I can't help but grinning like an idiot when I see them rehearse and perform. We've played with them many many times over the years, and they just keep getting better.
They had pizzas and Stroh's on the picnic table, a sweet show lined up, a comfy clean carpeted room to crash on, and hot dice all night long.
I'm still buying coffees today with my hot dice winnings, btw.
I hope Evan had a good birthday - if I had to choose a city on this tour to celebrate it in, I would have picked Detroit.
I saw a dice game where Jeremy rolled trip 6's, after which Evan immediately trip 6-ed his ass, doubled down, and then took the pot. Call it birthday mojo, call it luck, it was mind blowing.
Dustin, Andrew, Jeremy, Rob, and Matt - it was seauxe good to see you guys, and we wish you the best till we see you again.

Check out tour photos HERE!!!

No comments: