Friday 15 October 2010

Seattle

We reached seattle and got in touch with Conor and Julie, who were absolute angels and let us crash at their beautiful huge apartment for three days. We settled in and made our way up 15th ave to volunteer park. Mt. Rainier was just barely visible from the observation deck of the water tower there, which is supposedly rare for october. there were spiders everywhere in seattle, one specific species Araneus Diademadus, or the Cross Spider, had dibs on every lush vegetal corner of the city.
We found our fav thai restaurant, In the Bowl, and requested 2-star heat as opposed to the 3 stars that made me hallucinate in 2008. We were in town durning mid november in '08, and the difference was amazing... every day here was sunny and beautiful.

I spent most of my time at Victrola coffee house finishing my ink work for Nick's comic back in brooklyn. Conor did take brandon and I out for a real fancy-pants coffee experience which we were all 'bout. Try this on:
Espresso Vivace... the type of place that has signs up explaining how you can best enjoy the cup of coffee you just bought. I had a cappuccino with what I swore was a bosch painting in my milk.

No comments: