Sunday 10 October 2010

Ghastly hits the West Coast!


We made it safely form lincoln to boise and arrived at the visual arts collective space, which kinda blew us away.
Huge, clean, pro sound, & a very sweet staff. We played with Red Hands Black Feet (whose drummer is a bad-ass) and Housefire, who had almost as much equipment as we do and really grabbed our attention.

We decided to leave later that night in order to enjoy three full days in Seattle. I fell asleep in the van and woke up to the smell of burning rubber. We had burnt our brakes during a steep descent down an Oregon mountain. We stopped the van to let the brakes cool, and after I emptied my bladder and took a peek off the mountainside I was kinda blown away. It was silent and absolutely breathtaking out there, you could hear crickets and a falcon screeching every now and then. The landscape looked unreal, like a painting.

Cutting through the cascades was amazing, I might have taken too many photos.

No comments: